Recipe For Beef Kway Teow
Ingredients for Beef Kway Teow:
- 300 g lean filet of beef
- 600 g rice noodles (fresh or dry) or kway teow (if dry, blanch them till they are 95% cooked)
- 100 g chinese chives (optional)
- 500 g bean sprouts, with roots and heads removed
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices ginger
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Slice beef thinly against the grain.
- Mix the beef with all the seasoning ingredients except the sesame oil and canola oil.
- Leave the beef to marinate for 20 minutes; then add the sesame and canola oil.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil in a wok, stir fry the chives and bean sprouts till they are slightly limp. Set them aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok, fry the garlic till crispy and golden.
- Add rice noodles and stir fry for about 4 minutes till lightly browned.
- Set the noodles aside.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, add beef, remaining marinade and ginger slices.
- Stir fry beef till colour changes.
- Add rice noodles and bean sprouts, stir fry till everything is well coated.
- Serve hot.
Do you like this recipe?