Ingredients for Pizza Sauce:
- 6-ounce can of tomato paste (with no additives is best)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water (depending on desired consistency)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (more or less depending on taste)
- 1 to 3 cloves minced garlic
- a pinch of anise (or substitute fennel)
- around 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano (according to preference)
- around 1/2 tablespoon dried basil (according to preference)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine tomato paste, water, and oil. Add garlic, basil, and oregano, mixing thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. A quart mason jar works perfectly; ingredients can be added and shaken to mix. For best results place in refrigerator overnight or allow the mixture to rest before using. Makes 1/2 quart.
Do you like this recipe?