Recipe for Bubur Lambuk
- 80 ml olive oil (Minyak Zaiton)
- 200 g rice - Wash rice. Season rice with oil and salt for at least half an hour.
- 1 litre water
- 100 g shallot paste
- 20 g ginger paste
- 30 g garlic paste
- 60 g cashew nut paste
- 4 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 3 star anise
- 60 g chicken powder or chicken cube
- 50 g minced chicken
- 30 g frozen mixed vegetable (optional)
- 10g Chinese celery - chopped
- 10 g spring onions - chopped
- 30 g fried shallots
- 50 g yellow raisins
- Salt to taste
- Put olive oil in a pot, fry shallot paste, ginger, garlic, cardamom, cloves, star anise and cinnamon. Fry till fragrant.
- Put in chicken chicken powder, mix well.
- Add in minced chicken and cashew nut paste. Mix well.
- Add rice and water. When boiling, lower fire. Simmer till rice becomes soft and broken. Stir once in a while when simmering.
- Add salt to taste. Add mixed vegetable and simmer for another 2-3 minutes or till vegetable is cooked.
- When porridge is ready , serve and garnish with fried shallots, raisins, spring onions and Chinese celery .
Recipe by Chef Sous Johari, Carousel Royal Plaza on Scotts, Singapore
Do you like this recipe?