Recipe for Prawn Fritters
- 300 g medium sized prawns - shell prawns leaving tails intact, remove veins
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp dry rice flour
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp curry powder if desired
- 4-6 tbsp water
- 1/8 slake lime (kapur)
- 1 large bowl vegetable oil for deep frying
- Season prawns with sugar and pepper.
- Sift together rice flour, slat and curry powder. Mix to a thick consistency with water.
- Heat oil. Add slake lime to batter. Mix well.
- Dip prawns in batter with your finger tips (one at a time by holding its tail) and deep fry till golden brown.
- Serve with chilli sauce desired.
Slices of fish or meat can be cooked using this method.
Image Credit - suituapui
Recipe Submitted by Ryan Dee
Buy and order books cheap online, novels, recipes, used books - Singapore Food Recipes
Do you like this recipe?