dashi are available in Asian markets.
Ingredients for Japanese Miso Soup w/Daikon Radish and Tofu:
- 1 litre dashi (homemade or instant)
- 1 daikon radish - trimmed, washed and julienned or cut into matchsticks (optional)
- 225 g soft tofu, diced
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- Reserve roughly 120 ml dashi and pour the rest into a pot.
- Bring to the boil, add radish. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat, add tofu. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat miso with reserved dashi until smooth, then stir into soup.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes until soup is thoroughly combined, then stir in most of the spring onions.
- Ladle soup and daikon radish into bowls and garnish with remaining spring onions.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Credit - 500 Asian Dishes by Ghillie Basan
Do you like this recipe?